- My "baby" Mia is off to college and so I have less day-to-day responsibility.
- I have space for a creative studio in what is now Mia's / guest room.
- I've started a new job, out of the classroom.
- My teaching schedule is lighter since there are more folks working at the shop.
- I'm trying to get clarity on what I want to do in the field of education...with whom, in what context, and where in the world.
Nikki's life is changing too...
- Her twins are off to two different MIDDLE schools (OMG!) for the first time.
- Vivian is rapidly getting ready for "school" too.
This fall I'm going to participate in something called the Innovator's Mindset MOOC (http://immooc.org/sign-up-for-the-innovatorsmindsetmooc/). I'll be blogging this here.
I'm also reading a book called Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America (National Book Award Winner) as part of a discussion group at work. We're thinking and talking about how we can make Montessori work for all students, especially those that seem to be part of a pernicious achievement gap.