If you do what you love, the money will follow...right?

April 15, 2008

My sister, my inspiration

Oh, I miss knitting! I've been nose-to-the-grindstone trying to finish my Montessori diploma work (long story) ... and I had to put my knitting down. I want it!

I have gotten a few colleagues started with their first lace project, a lovely shawl called Cascading Leaves. I donated some lovely lace yarns from my stash. And yes, I have enough stash to "give away" yarn to 4 folks and not have touched the stuff I love...so? It's killing me not to be able to work ahead of them, even though I know I'll be able to catch up eventually.

I just finished making a beautiful knit afghan. I'll post some pictures of the work in progress and then the final object. I nudged a team of about a dozen knitters to make 80 squares for the blanket; we each knit mitered squares in striking pairs of colors. Then a handful of us sewed all of those squares together, and those big squares into strips, and then the strips into the afghan. And then I knit a mile of "attached I-cord" to give it a lovely clean edge. I calculated that it was likely about 200 person-hours of work... next time I'm gonna keep it, I say!

Can't wait to get my hands back on yarn!

No comments: