If you do what you love, the money will follow...right?

June 09, 2008

"Buffalo" lace

I've got a new project going (shocking, I know) and I'm pretty excited about it. It's called the Hemlock Lace Blanket and it's the creative force of one amazing knitter, Jared, aka: Brooklyn Tweed. I'll be teaching a class/knit-a-long this summer, so I HAVE to work up a sample, don't I?

It's basically a beautiful doily (here), blown up exponentially, by using a worsted (medium) or heavier yarn instead of fine cotton. They call it "buffalo" lace... This one is worked from the center out, first on double-pointed needles and then on increasingly large circular needles. The color probably won't show well in my piss-poor photography, but it's a lovely heather in a warm gray with sienna and indigo undertones.

I love the instant gratification of lace with "big" yarn! I was able to get through the center medallion and into the

No comments: