If you do what you love, the money will follow...right?

July 31, 2008

Absent but not idle

My goodness it's been a long time since I posted that I was working on the Hemlock Lace Ring Blanket. Well, I'm done knitting! Here are photos of it in all it's pre-blocked glory:

kind of stretched out, folded in half and laid across the sofa, and a close-up of the edging
The red is a nice kick of color, right? Well, necessity is the mother of invention...and I was going to have to frog a row to finish the edging. Not! It's a lovely heathery brick red that picks up some reds in other accessories I've got in the living room. And, I have enough left to make another knitted thing. Right now, I'm picturing a pillow cover with a similar medallion in the center.

Before then, I'll be knitting another one (with friends at StitchDC) for a special friend--who doesn't know it's coming. Yeah!

No comments: