If you do what you love, the money will follow...right?

November 14, 2008

Because I can't just make ONE!

Welcome LONG ARM! or LA for short :)

Hippy had some liposuction or whatever the stuffed bear version would be...
filloremovous? and the little buddy was created and finished yesterday.
Boy can I procrastinate or WHAT! :)



By making this second one, I fixed some issues, and found some new ones.
I would like the arms to be filled from the chest instead of stuffing and then sewing them on.
I need to work out how a collar is actually constructed. And little details like, different button eyes, and "snaps" and "buttons" for their clothes - maybe rhinestones??
what wouldn't be a choking hazard since these are for my 16M girls?
suggestions?

4 comments:

rachel said...

Want some consultation on the "pattern" for the bears while we're in NYC? That would be fun, fun, fun!

Michelle A-W said...

when sewing dolls there are many short cuts and non traditional sewing involved. When I was at madame alexander they showed me all sorts of things. They look super cute.
When the BUG is out of your house I will show you some tricks. Also there is a trick for stuffing/sewing/inserting arms. Will advise.
VERY CUTE

Michelle A-W said...

i made a doll for katie a long time ago-will see if i can show you arm attachment. don't forget I have your DS Cat pattern too.
You should start your company already=Cheap Sister toys.
Never to rhinestones- if swallowed cause real problems.

Nikki Kimboko said...

I figured no rhinestones, enough time in the production dept. not to know safety hazards, but are there micro buttons...time for a field trip!

look forward to pattern making and insider tips!

bug is almost gone, me being the last to get over it i think.....????