If you do what you love, the money will follow...right?

March 13, 2009

Hats and more hats

So, I've been busy knitting -- as always -- and this time actually have proof!

Aidan Montessori, where I work, has an annual fundraising auction. One of the cool silent auction items are theme-based "buckets" of stuff: gardening, cooking, crafts, etc. You bid to take home all the booty in the bucket. This year, I offered to make 4 hats (2 adult, 2 child) for a "four seasons fun" themed bucket.

I found a super easy but awesome cabled hat pattern, called the Snappy Hat. I used Lamb's Pride Bulky (and doubled worsted) to whip up a clutch of caps in less than a week. Most awesome of all, my good friend Erika and her kids were the ones that won them!

She's awesome and sent me a great picture of them on; blue and yellow for the kids, red and charcoal heather for the adults.

No comments: