If you do what you love, the money will follow...right?

June 29, 2009

a (prison) smock for mommy!

ha! My dear husband commented that my dress looked like a prison smock. He wanted to clarify by adding that I was definitely in charge at the prison, but prison smock and that the fabric was the most lifeless purple he had seen.

I made this simplicity 2706 dress after seeing this post on burdastyle.com.
I also whipped together a lovely little skirt out of this lovely lavender and black cotton fabric I found at Denver Fabrics. Now all i have to do is get a photo of them, on me. (excuse the self timer portrait)


What a fab weekend of sewing fun!

So comfy. possibly too big, but wonderful on a hot summer day!

I am also make two Oliver + S lazy day style skirts for the girlies.

yippee!

2 comments:

Michelle A-W said...

this is awesome! Great pattern and shot. I am so out of the loop!!!!

Michelle A-W said...

LOL i just saw the title!!!!!!