If you do what you love, the money will follow...right?

September 23, 2008

I heart blocking

This is a scarf I finished way back in April or May, but haven't blocked until now.

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in colorway "Georgetown" and a pattern by Alchemy Yarns.

Part 3 of the "Murky Scarf Project," a plan to envelope my favorite baristas with yarny goodness. Sadly, Murky closed and I wasn't able to deliver all of the gifts last winter.

I'm still planning to "get 'er done."

Here's another project that I've been sitting on...for more than a year! I finished this last year at my first day of working at Aidan Montessori (a staff retreat) and just blocked it this year. Sigh!

It's fabulous; a deep red with black and olives. Wore it to a fancy dinner with a little black sleeveless dress and red lipstick. Honestly, I didn't know if I could carry it off...but the compliments were copious and glowing. Yay!

No comments: