If you do what you love, the money will follow...right?

December 27, 2008

FO 2009 ... The pressure's on

So, each year I try to set myself a few challenges.

In 2008 I have focused on identifying and purging things I don't need in my life. I wanted to stop working retail in my local yarn store (done). I wanted to weed through my craft supplies and find a way to create a manageable craft space for Mia (I'll be done before the holiday break is over). My car died (sob) and we've managed to carry on anyway. I also moved towards the things that I DO want: teaching classes, working more with young people, teaching myself some new techniques. Mia and I even pulled off a hand-made holiday season!!!

This year of 2009, I'd like to focus on finishing things that I've started. I need to clear the psychic clutter of unfinished projects ... so that I can spend the energy I use feeling guilty to be creative. So, I'm going to publicly make the declaration that the following projects are going to get done and delivered to the intended loved-ones:
I've also got a bunch of baby gifts in various stages of overdue...some started:
And some great excuses to try out new patterns:
  • Yyonne's grandson
  • Stephen's daughter
  • Jenn's son, Willem DONE (a trio of hats)
  • Amanda's son, Henry
  • Amy's son
To really up the ante, I'm going to try to have the first few things done in January.

No comments: