If you do what you love, the money will follow...right?

January 24, 2009

Inauguration week knitting

So, I had a four-day weekend for the Inauguration and MLK Day weekend. I put the time to good use, though I did ignore all housework.

I know it's not necessarily rational, but I have a new outlook this week. I have visited the whitehouse.gov website several times, I've listened to our President's first weekly address, and I just feel inexplicably better about being a citizen. I'm ready to follow the lead of the Obamas, to step up and take responsiblity for making change. Maybe it's because, as Jay-Z says, "my president is black...but his house is all white."

Anyway...I've been busy:
  • Cast on and more than half done with a Baby Surprise sweater for Amanda's son Henry. It's lovely: a blue-green mixed main yarn and grass green accents.
  • A pair of gloves on the needles, which I'm knitting to test the pattern for a Ravelry friend.
I'm still trying to decide what style of hat to make for Nikki and the twins; a family of hats has been commissioned. I'm going to recycle the green from Nikki's sweater (neither of us liked it) and have found some lovely accent colors (rose, purple, gray) to add. Keep you posted!

No comments: