If you do what you love, the money will follow...right?

January 01, 2009

Socks!

I know, I know...I'm supposed to be focused on finishing stuff that's already on my to-do list. What can I say: I'm knitting ADD and I HAD to start something new. And I've been very good for the last week or so, right?

I've been wanting to make socks again. Correction, I've got a huge collection of sock yarn (pretty) and figure I'd better make something with them. True, there's just something satisfying about turning a heel, seeing a toe form, etc. Most sock patterns are pretty predictable (even if they are lovely), but I've had this book by Cat Bordhi (the queen of interesting knitting experiments) where she shows alternative structures. I've been wanting to play with them for almost a year...and today, I dove in. I've made two different toddler socks while learning new sock structure.

I'm gonna make them into pairs for Sophie and Pescha to wear around the house (or share with bigger friends). And then (probably NOT today), I'm gonna' make a pair for myself!

No comments: